The Shelford Group comprises ten leading NHS multi-specialty academic healthcare organisations. We are dedicated to excellence in clinical research, education and patient care. We aspire to demonstrate system-wide leadership for the benefit of patients and the prosperity of our country.
The ten members collectively employ over 100,000 people with a turnover of over £10 billion. The institutions that make up the Shelford Group are of strategic significance to NHS care, the life sciences industries and the wider UK economy. They provide the very best care to patients with some of the most complex conditions and diseases.
As leading tertiary centres, Shelford Group's members deliver state-of-the-art training and education opportunities for the UK’s clinicians, as well as the fundamental infrastructure for the UK’s medical research sector.
The group was formed in 2011 to benchmark and share best practice in key service areas across the membership through working groups, and constructively engage with Government, Parliament and industry to represent the interests of large tertiary centres and the wider National Health Service.
The Shelford Group is led by its member Chief Executives and has active Sub-Groups for Chief Nurses, Finance Directors and Medical Directors.
- Cambridge University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust (CUH)
- Guy’s and St Thomas’ NHS Foundation Trust (GSTT)
- Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust (ICHT)
- King’s College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust (KCH)
- Manchester University NHS Foundation Trust (MFT)
- Newcastle-Upon-Tyne Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust (NUTH)
- Oxford University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust (OUH)
- Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust (STH)
- University College London Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust (UCLH)
- University Hospitals Birmingham NHS Foundation Trust (UHB)